RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:06 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:12 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'A TRIBUTE TO TICKLEMEPLZ'.

Description by MICHAEL COLLINS , Lindy, Pandemonium_BG, CCForbes, Rico-Rocker2, Critter: This collaboration stands as a tribute to Ticklemeplz, one of the greatest creators in the history of Rico. She entertained thousands of players and served as a teacher, inspiration, and collaborator to many other creators. We miss you ... RETRO BLAST, Lindy, Pandemonium_BG, CCForbes, Rico-Rocker2, and Critter dedicate our work to you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:59 pm 

This was an AWESOME tribute to our dear Tonnie! I loved the vector art and level designs, and I loved the story of Lindy telling his kids about her. The game itself was on the hard side, especially Retro Blast's levels with all those 3-hits which took several minutes for me to complete, but I loved every one of those minutes and the many extra lives ensured I didn't have to worry about dropping my ions. I particularly liked L15 with the fish inside the bubbles, and the pinball level was cool. I was also amazed how L13 was able to correctly guess what card I picked in L12 (I did try it several times)! All in all, this was a very creative set and thank you to all who contributed to it! Tonnie may no longer be on Earth with us, but her spirit will always be with us, and she will always be part of the Rico community as we pass down what she taught us!

Ring Count: 45,268

Avatar made with Spawn Illuminati on iPod Touch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:40 pm 

This is a lovely set in honor of our Tonnie, although some levels were a little long to complete, with a lot of brick bashing, and some levels were a little hard in getting the rings. You all did a nice job in creating your levels. =D> =D>

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 am 

Thanks Tranceaholic and happysis. I know I made some tough levels for this set in terms of getting rid of the bricks, not so much so for getting the rings. In a way many were sort of RETRO - Retro Blast, the level Ball Bearings was a direct sequel to a level called CIRCLES in Retro Blast 1 - the most unforgiving level I have ever created. But I tried to put just enough help in it so that it would be tough, but not impossible. The level THE HIVE 2, HEX MESS 3, is also based on levels I made in my first few RETRO BLAST sets but this time there was, what I consider, a showering of power ups in the level. A mix of old with a little new for me ... I usually have all black backgrounds but two of my levels depart from that.

I think the true beauty of this set is that each person who submitted levels has a different style and level of difficulty which has made this set have a little bit of something for everyone. Thank you all for contributing to the collab. And it should be noted that Tonnie also contributed to this set because before she helped me out, none of my sets had any brick movement in them at all ... Thanks Ticklemeplz!

Last edited by RETRO BLAST on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:50 pm 

and thanks for including Wes (Hobobill). I was very surprised and touched by that. It was a very good set, and I enjoyed playing each level! I'm sure Tonnie would be pleased. Maybe I should say IS pleased.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:41 pm 

Despite the 'impossibility' of some levels, I was so taken, the first time I played it, I got goose pimples and an emotional chill. The effects and detail were amazing.
You know, before Tonnie passed, I was going to be brave/brazen enough to PM her & ask her why she didn't use her special talents, for an "artwork " career. I never got that chance. And the respect shown here for both she and Hobobill, is a most sincere gesture of what we all think of each other. I just loved playing it regardless of rings and points.
marg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:19 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

A MOST EXCELLENT SET!!! =D> =D> =D>
All the creators who contributed to this set really showed us their best efforts in making a very wonderful tribute to Tonnie/Ticklemeplz.
The different styles of the creators was very apparent to me while playing and I think they blended very well, making this set interesting, challenging and very fun.
It's nice that Rico-Rocker2 included Hobobill, too. Tho' Hobobill was not a creator, he was a longstanding member of this forum & made many comments to our creators before his illness took him away.

Thank you to all who collaborated on this set!
I thoroughly enjoyed playing.

A+/A+/A+

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 pm 

Thank you all for your kind words. I was honored to be asked to participate with my humble but from my heart creations.
She was and still is and will ever be very special to me. I keep and cherish her hundreds of e-mails, and on facebook she is still present all the time.
I also must express my congratulations to the other participants, for the INCREDIBLE TALENT developed on their levels, they are really astonishing. I never expected to ever see what you guys have done with the editor, I take my hat off to you all, and specially Mike Collins for inviting me to participate.

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY Supreme Master of Infinity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:50 pm 

A GREAT job by all who participated in this Level Set. Thank you! =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:45 am 

Thanks so much Rickey, margarita, DizzyDee, and RLW Addict ... Rickey do you know that I was so happy when Hobobill commented on one of my sets because he had never commented on one of my sets before to my knowlage and although he was not a creator as DizzyDee mentioned, he sure CREATED a good feeling in me and as Rico-Rocker2 stated, he must be part of the "Legends" of the Rico world...margarita, when you speak of impossibilities, it reminds me of when Tonnie said she would not do a collab with me because she usually only works with experienced creators or those who at least know their way around the editor somewhat - and yet Ticklemeplz, Lindy, and I went on to make a collab - Christmas Time 2010, and so there are always possibilities ...DizzyDee, what can I say, so nice to hear your words and see the A+A+A+ - I too think this collab is a nice blend of styles and each style was kept intact and shows the true colors of the level designers ... Thanks RLW Addict! So happy you enjoyed it.

A few words about the talented people I was afforded the opportunity to work with ... What would a tribute to ticklemeplz be without you Lindy? I know how close you are with her and the emotion in your levels came through very strong and that is why your level was chosen as the cover page for the set ... Pandemonium, I loved and hated Hammers Dodge ... simply remarkable layout, programming, and intense challenge! ... CCForbes, don't panic if this collab does not get the usual AAA ratings like all your other sets, just blame it on the rest of us - hehe - a true legend & a true pleasure working with you ... Rico-Rocker2 you Rocked it with a touching and colorful level which to me was more difficult than it appears at first to be... and Critter, you are just a programming guru! What an awesome job you did with that card trick, the metallic bricks, and those flippers in the pinball level!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:13 pm 

Although Hobobill (Wes) never created any sets, he sure played a lot of them. Most of them, as a matter of fact. And although he never, hardly ever, commented to the author, you are fortunate that he commented on yours. Heck, he only commented on one of mine! Ricochet was the last game he played, before he got too sick to get to the computer! He was well over 300,000 rings when he quit playing, which was about 2 weeks before he died.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:22 pm 

Such words and such posts im tagged in.. maybe i did state a good fact in my round.. :P

To all the creators/Commenter's
you have been very trustworthy (Creators)
And those comments (Even the one Retro blast said about me rocking the set out with colour.) you've touched my soul big time :wink:
we're even sometimes a step ahead of the game (or possibly always)
i love you all this Big ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:23 pm 

RICO
Your Post:
I'm touched by your sincerity, and sensitivity.
I personally thank you for your contribution to TONNIE.
marg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 pm 

Such variety in this set and a moving tribute to wonderful Tonnie.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 pm 

margarita wrote:
RICO
Your Post:
I'm touched by your sincerity, and sensitivity.
I personally thank you for your contribution to TONNIE.
marg

well Sensitivity yes.. i can say that much.
:roll:
Marg.
it kind of depends. because my sensitivity is incredibly low. (i am not that sensitive.)
i know it may be different for other people.