RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:24 am 

Thanks alot Shaz! The time I should be resting & recouperating, I found myself HOPELESSLY playing this round set, with NO CHANCE of saving it for later. Now my girlfriend is probably going to beat me senseless with her broom, because I am working on MY new set. Look out! Crown Of Creation is coming soon!

Maniac Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:30 pm 

This set was nice simply because on alot of levels there were different ways you could play it. However I found alot of the gameplay to be pretty straight foreword and sometimes borring. I found it to be pretty average in some areas but others had some neat designs.

Favorite rounds were:

Round 2: A rather unusual design
Round 4: Was fun to use a fireball
Round 6: Just plain fun
Round 8: Too cool
Round 10: Nice design
Round 15: Another Nice Design
Round 16: Awsome!
Round 20: Explanation Needed?

Overall: B
Fun: B
Graphics: B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:22 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

not sure what kind of explanation you need for level 20... You destroy the flowers and the caterpillar. The raindrops are just obstacles that you need to work around - you can hit them if you want, but it won't stop them being regenerated. Just concentrate on the rest of the screen, and the raindrops will either stop by themselves if the timing is right, or you can hit them on the way down to stop the game.

This was a fun level that played with springs, and the Create Bricks plugin - though if I did it over, I'd use messaging on those splashes at the bottom instead of lots of individual sequences.

Level 8 (Life) expands on one of James' levels in the examples set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:01 pm 

shaz wrote:
not sure what kind of explanation you need for level 20... You destroy the flowers and the caterpillar. The raindrops are just obstacles that you need to work around - you can hit them if you want, but it won't stop them being regenerated. Just concentrate on the rest of the screen, and the raindrops will either stop by themselves if the timing is right, or you can hit them on the way down to stop the game.

This was a fun level that played with springs, and the Create Bricks plugin - though if I did it over, I'd use messaging on those splashes at the bottom instead of lots of individual sequences.

Level 8 (Life) expands on one of James' levels in the examples set.

Umm I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I said "Explanation Needed?" as in the round can speak for itself. Its a great round with great use of the canvas enviroment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:35 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

lol - yes, I thought you were ASKING for an explanation. I understand now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:47 pm 

I haven't finished this yet, but an amazing set so far!
Congrats!

I don't know If I should post this here on in the bugs forum, but Level 6 gives me major slowdown. It stays almost unplayable until I destroy the slots in the middle, then the slowdown goes off. I dunno if it's a bug of the new build (53) or maybe it's just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:38 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Usually James has given people the option of resubmitting sets just before go-live for other Reflexive games, and I'm thinking we'll probably have the same opportunity with Infinity.

I'll take a look at level 6 and see if I can do something to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:39 am 
Enjoyed playing the levels. All sorts of fun !

Have never seen bricks twitch before ! Had to break through the indesctructible line to get in, but after there was an opening, the line bricks actually twitched to get away from my ball passing by them ! WOW

Summer Showers is absolutely delightful. Great worm dynamics. Loved watching it. Hated to bop it. The raindrops were an extra added touch of amazement.

More, More, More, Ms Holly Belle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:15 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

I'm glad you enjoyed it. What level did you play with the "twitching bricks"? I don't remember it off-hand. It's also a concern that you had to break through the line of indestructibles to get in there - though James had a similar problem with one level, so perhaps it's the same one. I need to fix that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 pm 
It was the one that the Hearts change to Spades to Clubs to Diamonds.
Now that I got Infinity working again :oops: it is Round 2. The same round I have to bash my way through.

They twitch - it really is amusing

MsHB :lol:

Last edited by MsHollyBelle on Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:06 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Ah thanks... I still don't recall "twitching" bricks on that level - if you launch your ball into the center of that line of indestructibles they will move apart for you (at least that's the way I remember that level working)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:57 pm 

Enjoyed this set. Nice, neat suprises, dynamic effects, and other. :)

I gave you a B because most rounds were fun, but some were lacking gameplay a lot. :(

Some rounds I didn`t like:
R3: Nice motion on the sides but it was very simplified and didn`t use very much of Infinity`s uniuqe features. I felt like I was playing RLW instead of Infinity. :shock:
R11: Nice round idea for freeze bonuses however the design was VERY simple. There was no dynamic motion or triggers at all.
R15: Nice motions but needed a ball catcher. Because of this, I lost a life.
R19: Boring design, nothing interesting here.

Rounds I enjoyed:
R1: Nice dynamic motion and was fun.
R2: Cool effect on the bricks so they change into hearts, spades, etc.
R4: Nice effect in the middle and was lots of fun.
R6: May have slowed my game down a little but it was fun playing virtual "rolluette". I was glad I got the rail ball! :D
R7: Nice challenge involving recall.
R8: It was cool how all the bricks were in different places until you launched the ball.
R10: Got tons of power-ups so the round was finished quickly. Nice changing effect also.
R12: Fun getting to use the rail ball, although it was tedious trying to get the extra bits off the sides.
R13: Fun recall round and was pretty easy.
R14: Nice ring challenge and was fun messing with the nudge bricks and brick slayer.
R16: Amusing design and was nice to use the rail ball. :)
R18: Cool explosive change effect.
R20: Awesome dynamic design.

Overall: B
Gameplay: B
Graphics: B+

Tags: Dynamic, Puzzle, Canvas, Movie, Recall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:33 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Very challenging set. Favorite round was #4 - Sidewinder. Liked the surprises on R13.

I still haven't gotten ALL the rings for this set -- maybe someday when I have lots of time I'll go back & try again.
I thought R6's rings were hard to get (only got 3);
I never found the 5th ring in R9;
R14 took me 6 mins. to complete & I only got 4 rings. :cry:

C+ for now. I may re-rate it when/if I play it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:31 pm 

i can not find this round set

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:43 pm 

Me too. Why did it have to be deleted? It was such a great set, what if other people wanted to play it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next