RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:22 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

I imagine that Shaz had the set deleted so she could tweak it a bit and resubmit it now that the testing period for Infinity is basically over. So don't worry, it will be back :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:15 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

When RI was about to go live, designers were given the option of having earlier sets removed for various reasons. I took this option up with this set.

A couple of levels contained bugs that weren't picked up because I "knew" how to play them and never got into trouble, and because there was no prerelease testing happening when I first submitted the level.

As soon as I have time to fix the few bugs I will be resubmitting the set and it will be going through the normal testing process. I will resubmit it with the same name so you'll know when you see it that it's the same set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:21 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Just to clarify what was already said: This levelset was made with a BETA version of Ricochet Infinity and was only available to play during the BETA testing of the game. The levelset was removed from the web site (at the authors request) before Ricochet Infinity was released to the public. The levelset will be released to the public when the final version of the levelset is finished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

The level set was previously available only during the beta testing of the game and was then taken down for renovation. It has now been re-released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:01 pm 

Excellent set,Shaz. I've got some problems in round 9 and lost a few spheres. Other than that, wonderful, but you'll get a 5, not 5/5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm 

I played this during the "Beta" stage and again now it has been re-released, and I had no problem with round 9!? Guess I was just lucky!?
Enjoyed this a lot, and gave it a solid A rating ... had to go back and get some of the rings with a method I like to call "cheating"!! :wink:
Thanks for the set - hope to see more! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 am 
Bionic Salmon wrote:
had to go back and get some of the rings with a method I like to call "cheating"!! :wink:

That's funny because I use the same thing!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 am 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

I played this set Shaz in both the beta testing and just when you re-submitted it and I loved it both times. I wish I had posted right away so I could remember more specifics, but things got a bit crazy when my stats.dat file got corrupted. I thought you had a great variety of gameplay and designs. Of course the canvas ones are my faves with the clock and bunnies and the inchworm with the flower and the rain which I think is a movie tag, being my absolute faves. Lots of dynamic levels and just an enjoyable set in every respect and one of the highest ratings I have yet given. :)

Post subject: Where is the set?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:19 am 

In "Other Galactic Adventures" there isn't this set, what's the key word to search?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:00 pm 

Sniton in case you didon't know you can organise the sets by their name and author by clicking on the name of the columns at the top. Also are you displaying Infinity rounds only or Ricochet Lost Worlds rounds? You can change whatever you are viewing by clicking on options, then click on the box next to 'Game Version' and select which game you want to see sets from. Here you can also customize what to display in the extra columns.

Hope this helps you find the set :) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:04 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Also make sure you press the "connect" button when the game asks if you would like to download an updated catalog. You may have an old version of the catalog from before this levelset was released to the public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:52 pm 

WizzyKid wrote:
Sniton in case you didon't know you can organise the sets by their name and author by clicking on the name of the columns at the top. Also are you displaying Infinity rounds only or Ricochet Lost Worlds rounds? You can change whatever you are viewing by clicking on options, then click on the box next to 'Game Version' and select which game you want to see sets from. Here you can also customize what to display in the extra columns.

Hope this helps you find the set :) .

Problem solved, I was trying only the rounds of Ricochet Lost Worlds :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:55 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Shaz - I replayed this set today. Was able to get all the rings now. I guess I wasn't very good at Infinity the first time I played it while beta testing.

I upped my rating from the C+ to a B+. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:09 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

thanks Dizzy - I'm always happy to move up in the alphabet a little :D

Thanks to all who have played and commented on this set. It was created in the very early days of Infinity and I've learned a lot since then - some of these levels would be done quite differently if I were re-doing them. I still hope you enjoy and I appreciate your feedback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:47 am 

The biggest changes I noticed is that level 19 (Assistance When You Have Many Spheres) was converted to an AV level and level 3 was changed into a pod level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next