RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 am
Posts: 478
Location: St. Johns, Florida, USA
Ivan187 wrote:
Did you know that when you catch a ship specialty at the very end of a level, you can use your specialty if you skip the brick layer quick enough to blast the next level? :D (To skip the brick layer, simply click the left mouse button)

lol NICE glitch there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Did you know that the total fastest time to collect 100,000 rings is 4 hours and 40 minutes? :mrgreen:

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:02 pm
Posts: 489
Location: Old Europe
Ivan187 wrote:
Did you know that the total fastest time to collect 100,000 rings is 4 hours and 40 minutes? :mrgreen:

Who did that and how?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 1821
Location: Belgium
Assume every level is 2 bricks and 5 rings.

Together with the level intermzeeo and loading etc. assume you can complete 3 levels every 2 minutes. That's 15 rings every 2 minutes. 450 rings/hour.

100 000/450 = 225 hours AT LEAST are needed to do this.

So no, myth busted.

_________________
Image
It's a levelset that's isn't on the catalogus. It's worth it --> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22838


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
gimanski wrote:
Assume every level is 2 bricks and 5 rings.

Together with the level intermzeeo and loading etc. assume you can complete 3 levels every 2 minutes. That's 15 rings every 2 minutes. 450 rings/hour.

100 000/450 = 225 hours AT LEAST are needed to do this.

So no, myth busted.

When there's no bricks on screen at all, it takes only 3 seconds to finish the level, then there's the level complete, rings collected and loading screens. That makes it 5 rings approximately every 7 seconds.
(It's only when the rings move to ball by themselves)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 1821
Location: Belgium
Ivan187 wrote:
gimanski wrote:
Assume every level is 2 bricks and 5 rings.

Together with the level intermzeeo and loading etc. assume you can complete 3 levels every 2 minutes. That's 15 rings every 2 minutes. 450 rings/hour.

100 000/450 = 225 hours AT LEAST are needed to do this.

So no, myth busted.

When there's no bricks on screen at all, it takes only 3 seconds to finish the level, then there's the level complete, rings collected and loading screens. That makes it 5 rings approximately every 7 seconds.
(It's only when the rings move to ball by themselves)


it doesn't count as a level because there's not enough bricks. The rings are therefore not collectable.
Also don't forget the level has to load, tally your score, bring you to the menu etc. You lose about half a minute every level to all that.

_________________
Image
It's a levelset that's isn't on the catalogus. It's worth it --> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22838


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
gimanski wrote:
Ivan187 wrote:
gimanski wrote:
Assume every level is 2 bricks and 5 rings.

Together with the level intermzeeo and loading etc. assume you can complete 3 levels every 2 minutes. That's 15 rings every 2 minutes. 450 rings/hour.

100 000/450 = 225 hours AT LEAST are needed to do this.

So no, myth busted.

When there's no bricks on screen at all, it takes only 3 seconds to finish the level, then there's the level complete, rings collected and loading screens. That makes it 5 rings approximately every 7 seconds.
(It's only when the rings move to ball by themselves)


it doesn't count as a level because there's not enough bricks. The rings are therefore not collectable.
Also don't forget the level has to load, tally your score, bring you to the menu etc. You lose about half a minute every level to all that.

You can just hold the Enter button to make up for that. :mrgreen:

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 1821
Location: Belgium
I believe that if a level doesn't fulfil specific requirements, collected rings don't add to the total.

_________________
Image
It's a levelset that's isn't on the catalogus. It's worth it --> viewtopic.php?f=28&t=22838


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 am
Posts: 478
Location: St. Johns, Florida, USA
gimanski wrote:
I believe that if a level doesn't fulfil specific requirements, collected rings don't add to the total.

So true.
Not being sarcastic here, I'm following you on this argument. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am
Posts: 458
Location: Infinity
gimanski wrote:
I believe that if a level doesn't fulfil specific requirements, collected rings don't add to the total.

It's quite possible. But if you create a new set, close Ricochet and open it again, and play one of the 'standard' levels in the just created set, with only two bricks and five rings - you add rings to your total. If you don't close Ricochet first, you will not get rings added to your total.

_________________
Get a new life - in Ricochet Infinity!

151,000+ rings (reached 151,000 on October 12, 2017)
Rank: Ultimate Legendary, Supreme Master of Infinity (reached at 100,000)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Did you know that an Acid Ball deals two hits to a multiple hit exploder?

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 am
Posts: 478
Location: St. Johns, Florida, USA
Ivan187 wrote:
Did you know that an Acid Ball deals two hits to a multiple hit exploder?

An acid ball will destroy any brick in 1 hit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Tocaraca wrote:
Ivan187 wrote:
Did you know that an Acid Ball deals two hits to a multiple hit exploder?

An acid ball will destroy any brick in 1 hit.

Give an exploder the multiple hits plug-in, and then hit it with an acid ball.

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:48 am
Posts: 478
Location: St. Johns, Florida, USA
Ivan187 wrote:
Tocaraca wrote:
Ivan187 wrote:
Did you know that an Acid Ball deals two hits to a multiple hit exploder?

An acid ball will destroy any brick in 1 hit.

Give an exploder the multiple hits plug-in, and then hit it with an acid ball.

Yes, it will explode. What did you expect?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4348
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Ryan wrote:
Yes, it will explode. What did you expect?

AMIRITE when you hit an alien exploder?

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group