RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: OK WHEN???
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:19 pm 

The big question is WHEN will Ricochet be on the I-phone/I-touch??
Second question...the one thing that makes Ricochet head and shoulders above the rest of the brick-breakers is being able to move the ball left and right..how are they gonna do that??? What if they can't do that? The answer....Tilting the game..YES!! Allll-Rigggght!! I am ready for that!! Tilt left and the ball goes left..tilt right and the ball goes right! It's a winner and I believe it will shoot to the top in no time at all!

Post subject: Re: OK WHEN???
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 am 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Yes. Tilt will let you control the ball

We expect Ricochet to be avaialbe in the app store before the end of the month but it is hard to say for sure since it needs to be aprived by Apple and they operate on their own schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:38 pm 

I want a copy of this game for my Blackberry Storm. Come on James hook us Blackberry users up.

Brent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 pm 

Well here it is in the middle of April and Infinity has still not appeared on the Iphone and I wonder still why not??? I have damned near worn out my fingers there looking for it...and still it does not appear...seen plenty of other games that appear to be nowhere as good as Infinity and I wonder what the heck is going on??? Does Apple need to be "greased" or what?? I have switched most of my game-playing to the I-Pod Touch and I sure would like to have Infinity on there! Is there anything "We" can do to push Apple to putting it on?? Give me an address and I will go after them big time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:37 am 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

I'm afraid it is impossible to predict when Apple will launch the game. It is in their hands right now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:35 pm 

Patience is NOT one of my attributes, but I am smart enough to know when there is nothing I can do to hurry something along, so I will just keep looking every Tuesday and one day I am sure it will "HAPPEN" It's just that I see so many games inferior to Ricochet that are doing well and I just wonder what they are waiting for in putting Ricochet on?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:35 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

To be fair I should clarify that it is not in Apple's hands. We are trying to work out some issues before we submit the game to Apple.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Oops, my mistake. :oops:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:17 pm 

Oops??!! #-o Well, I guess I should stop looking!! They can't put it on if they don't have it!! I kind of wonder why the information that "Apple has it" wasn't corrected a month or two ago when it first appeared here??? Oversight? Well I guess! Ahh well...onward...ever onward!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

I never meant to imply we were waiting for Apple. I was anticipating that it would soon get to that point. Here is what I said

James C. Smith wrote:
We expect Ricochet to be avaialbe in the app store before the end of the month but it is hard to say for sure since it needs to be aprived by Apple and they operate on their own schedule.

At the time I posted that I was expecting to submit the app within a week or two and then the hardest to predict part would be how long it would take Apple to approve it. Unfortunately other issues came up an we are now working to resolve them.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:40 pm 

can anyone give us an update on the status of the release of the iphone version of ricochet?
When I heard about this I got sooo excited and have been checking frequently here for any news concerning its release.
It seems nobody is talking about it anymore - Is this still going to happen?
Can't wait to play my favorite pc game on my iphone and ipad!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:16 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

It is going to happen but there has been an unforeseen delay. Believe me, I am just as frustrated as you are.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:27 pm 

I know it is none of my damned business as to what those delays are...but I would sure like a hint as to what kind of delays you are talking about! Perhaps it's:
1. Not having received paperwork from some of the programmers who wrote some of the one-minute programs?
2. A bug in the program that sets all the I-Pods on fire when the program is played?
3. Steve played it and didn't like it?
4. It's not exactly the right time for a program like this to appear on the I-Phone?
5. Doodle Jump and Angry Birds have sucked up all the available monies?
6. You are still trying to figure out how much to charge for it??
7. You want to give David Letterman a chance to come up with the Top Ten Reasons it is NOT on I-Pod?
8. You are still trying to figure out what a million hits is divided by three??
9. David Lettermans mother is hooked on the computer version and he doesn't want her to be able to take the i-pod version with her on trips!
10. Christmas Season is a natural for this kind of game!!
Jack!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:28 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

none of the above. It's just a simple matter of getting Amazon and Apple to agree on the terms of the distribution agreement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:58 pm 

An Open Letter to James C. Smith:
Well, here we are in June and still no Ricochet Infinity on the I-phone or the Touch. A whole lot of games have come and gone and even a couple of brick-breakers! The 3-D Brick Breaker by Digital Chocolate is competition for Ricochet big time, I think and you could have been on three months ago and have had a huge jump on them. Getting Apple and Amazon to agree to the "Terms of Distribution" is probably like attacking a brick wall with a water pistol. Evidently a lot of other game makers can get the job done and are doing it every day but I can imagine what kind of a "deal" that Apple is asking...and I am sure it is heavy on being favorable to THEM and not you, but they do seem to have a lock on the market...is there any way you to can market it yourself??? If not, you are at their mercy and they just won't bend. I wish you good luck on getting what you want from them Is there any other way to get your game on the I-pod other than through Apple?????
I am sure there are a good number of people who would buy your game on the I-Pod phone and Touch...do you have plans on scaling down some of your other games to fit on a smaller format?
I enjoy watching your one minute film on the App Store (films) and I wonder why they (Apple) leaves it on there?????
Regards from Middle Tennessee and
Jack!