RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:27 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:38 pm
Posts: 1
Location: Britain
I'd like to make a request for Game Center support for the iPhone version of Ricochet Infinity solely due to the possibility that this could increase popularity, enhance the already impressive feature list that the game has to offer, and encourage newcomers to the game that it is in some way for them a worthwhile investment as the game development team would have made the effort to support a well-established social gaming network. The implementation of Game Center in turn would also somewhat promote Ricochet Infinity.

My second suggestion is that Ricochet Infinity should be made into a universal binary (an application that runs natively on both iPhone and iPad - in full screen, rather than using the in-built "2x" up-scaler for iPad). I believe that this would make the game hugely more popular with iPad owners especially if, when run on an iPad, the game had higher resolution graphics and features such as fine-detailed animated backgrounds, as well as possibly a two player co-op or competitive mode in which the screen would be split horizontally and two players could simultaneously play the same level together or against each other.

If any of these features are implemented, I don't need any form of credit, I'd just like to be notified in some way, preferably via Twitter, where I'm known as Maeurd (@Maeurd)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 4
IPad support please! Would be nice for Devs to show up here and say a word or two


Last edited by praetorian on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:04 pm 
Offline
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:58 pm
Posts: 22630
Location: Tennessee, USA
I just recently got the iPad and would also like the game in a mode that doesn't require the 2x. However, I think I can explain why you have to. The graphics were created to fit the iPod screen. Magnifying them with the 2x makes the graphics not as sharp because of that. With the iPad, it would be so cool to also have a version that allows editing and sharing sets like with the computer. Don't know if that's something that can easily be done, but it would be so totally cool!

As far as support, I'm not sure there is such a thing for the iPad or iPod, except here. And there's not a lot of people who come here that have the iPod or iPad to help share their experience. Would be great though!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 7:13 pm
Posts: 3814
Location: In Candy Land.
sweet. ^^
i would love to see how it would look if the iPad had Ricochet infinity compatibility. :wink:

_________________
I identify as a furry, deal with it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 4
Anybody cares ? Lazy Devs....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 pm 
Offline
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 pm
Posts: 6527
Location: Queensland, Australia
Excuse me, don't be so rude!

If you have a problem with the devs not being here to respond, go and take it to Amazon, the company that now owns Reflexive and says what they can and can't do.

Don't go assuming and accusing, because you're wrong!

_________________
The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 pm
Posts: 410
Location: Miami, Florida, on the Bay
Wow, that is some news....."Amazon owns Reflexive" No wonder any help needed can only be obtained among us.! if and when we know the answer.!
I have Infinity in all three iPad, iPod and iPhone.........it looks OK to me with the only difference being screen size. But nobody has been able to tell me if there is going to be any additional sets. I have played them all and it is becoming boring replaying the same games over and over. Unlike Angry Birds where we need to get the three stars in order to advance for the eggs. Does anybody knows anything new to tell?
Chaz, BigMama and Alf, you guys are the ones included in developing the sets. Do you guys know?

_________________
Lindy

ULTIMATE LEGENDARY Supreme Master of Infinity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm
Posts: 4
shaz wrote:
Excuse me, don't be so rude!

If you have a problem with the devs not being here to respond, go and take it to Amazon, the company that now owns Reflexive and says what they can and can't do.

Don't go assuming and accusing, because you're wrong!


Why am I rude, Ghost? It's the truth! If you want to see the difference- go here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2. There is ton of Devs talking to the community,asking for their opinions and in the proccess, making their game even better, selling even more copies, making even more money's . See what I mean?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 am 
Offline
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:11 pm
Posts: 6527
Location: Queensland, Australia
Leonard, I don't believe the iOS versions of Infinity were designed/intended to have additional downloadable levels. We may have discussed it when we were developing the levels (and it certainly would have been discussed when Reflexive was making the game), but as I recall, it was just intended to be a standalone app without the expansion options.

praetorian, you're rude because you're accusing the devs of being lazy and not caring about their community, which is a totally incorrect assumption on your part. This forum is no longer owned by the devs. It's owned by Amazon, and it's Amazon who do (or do not) provide support. As I said, if you want the devs to come and talk to us, go and take it up with Amazon.
praetorian wrote:
There is ton of Devs talking to the community,asking for their opinions and in the proccess, making their game even better

I bet that company isn't owned by Amazon, and that the people making the games are the ones who are in control of the forums. Reflexive did all of that too, which you can see if you go back and read threads that were active prior to Amazon taking it all over. The situation has changed since then, and the forum has changed because of it. Those who WANT it to go back to the way it was, aren't in a position to make it happen, and those who ARE in a position to make it happen, don't want it to. It's not because of any laziness on the dev's part, as you so readily assume.

In the absence of an Amazon presence, the only people who can provide support are other community members, which we're trying to do to the best of our ability, but obviously it's just not good enough.

_________________
The optimist sees opportunity in every danger; the pessimist sees danger in every opportunity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Reality World (Earth)
shaz wrote:
which you can see if you go back and read threads that were active prior to Amazon taking it all over. The situation has changed since then, and the forum has changed because of it. Those who WANT it to go back to the way it was, aren't in a position to make it happen, and those who ARE in a position to make it happen, don't want it to.


That's why the devs are absent? And permanently?
Sheesh! That's really awful! :( Why Amazon is existed?! WHY YOU BEAST?! :cry:
Shame on that Amazonic Crap... :x

_________________
▶ Ricochet Xtreme Moy's Pack (Ready)
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep quiet or leave." - Moymoy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Posts: 4335
Location: Aguascalientes, Mexico
Moymoy13 wrote:
shaz wrote:
which you can see if you go back and read threads that were active prior to Amazon taking it all over. The situation has changed since then, and the forum has changed because of it. Those who WANT it to go back to the way it was, aren't in a position to make it happen, and those who ARE in a position to make it happen, don't want it to.


That's why the devs are absent? And permanently?
Sheesh! That's really awful! :( Why Amazon is existed?! WHY YOU BEAST?! :cry:
Shame on that Amazonic Crap... :x


Hey! Try not to be so harsh with Amazon! Doing that might delete your comment.

_________________
100000 rings reached as of August 16th, 2015.
Five years playing Infinity - April 2012
Four years on this forum - July 2013

I don't make level sets anymore. I moved my interests to video editing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 7:48 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Reality World (Earth)
.... You're right. *Sigh* ... At least.. Ricochet Infinity is still alive between us. :)

My family tried to purchase Ricochet Infinity for me in Amazon before, but because America purchases only. We bought it from BigFish, but still.. I'm thankful. :)

_________________
▶ Ricochet Xtreme Moy's Pack (Ready)
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then keep quiet or leave." - Moymoy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group