Which backround is better
Sunken City 33%  33%  [ 14 ]
Volcanic Crust 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Mayan Temple 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Alien Tech 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
They are all just as good 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 42
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:03 pm 

What is your favourite backround in ricochet lost worlds? Is your favourite backround "Sunken City", "Volcanic Crust", "Mayan Temple" or "Alien Tech"? Or do you think they are all just as good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:04 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

That’s hard to say. Alien Tech is the most visual appealing but Mayan Temple is the most fun to play and Sunken City is the most fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:18 pm 

they all are great backgrounds. they are all my favorite, but my best favorite is underwater background. Then you have the none background where things like fish engergy, exploding bricks and rings really show up great on a none background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:17 pm 

My favourite is the Sunken City.

Wish I could change the backgrounds at will. That would be really neat.

My least favourite is Mayan Temple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:41 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

When I first read the question I was thinking in terms of which “environment” to you like the most. (not just which background) In additional to the picture in the back ground, each environment has a unique look to the bricks and has special bricks. Rail bricks are unique to the Volcanic Crust, starfish are unique to the Sunken City, factory bricks are unique to Mayan Temple and the Alien Tech is the only p[lace you will find ball factories and levotron bricks. The shape of the bricks and ball defectors is also different in each environment.

I said I like the game play of the Mayan Temple because the factory bricks are fun and I prefer the square shape and grid like orientation of the ball deflectors in that environment.

But in the user made levels there are rarely such distinctions. Many designers use the bricks from many different environments all on the same level. So I guess the question really is more about which background picture looks the best or has the beast contract with the objects in play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:29 am 

James C. Smith wrote:
When I first read the question I was thinking in terms of which “environment” to you like the most. (not just which background) In additional to the picture in the back ground, each environment has a unique look to the bricks and has special bricks. Rail bricks are unique to the Volcanic Crust, starfish are unique to the Sunken City, factory bricks are unique to Mayan Temple and the Alien Tech is the only p[lace you will find ball factories and levotron bricks. The shape of the bricks and ball defectors is also different in each environment.

I said I like the game play of the Mayan Temple because the factory bricks are fun and I prefer the square shape and grid like orientation of the ball deflectors in that environment.

But in the user made levels there are rarely such distinctions. Many designers use the bricks from many different environments all on the same level. So I guess the question really is more about which background picture looks the best or has the beast contract with the objects in play.

When I answered the question I was thinking about the whole environment.

I love the bricks, the starfish... everything in 'Sunken City'. I also love the movement of the fish in the background.

The one thing I do miss from 'Xtreme' tho, is the blue ball (can't remember its name :oops: ). That was my absolute favourite :!:

Not that the other environments aren't good, but this is the one I love most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:49 am 

NanaMom wrote:
The one thing I do miss from 'Xtreme' tho, is the blue ball (can't remember its name :oops: ). That was my absolute favourite :!:

You must mean the ball that goes through everything except for ball deflectors. It is known as a rail ball. That is my favourite kind of ball as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:08 am 

AndrewCJ4 wrote:
NanaMom wrote:

You must mean the ball that goes through everything except for ball deflectors. It is known as a rail ball. That is my favourite kind of ball as well.

Yes, that's it....nothing is left in ITS' path :twisted: :!: :!: :!:

It would be great if we could have some of those. (I know we can't, but I keep wishing :cry: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:26 pm 

I can't remember what I voted when I voted on this poll but nowadays I like the Volcanic background the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:35 pm 
Yep, I like the Volcanic background best. I like the bricks too, but the golden brick in the Mayan is my all time favorite brick. My favorite P-up style is from the Alien environment...it sparkles!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:20 am 

It is interesting to see everyone's favorites - the Volcanic background is my least favorite. :lol: The Mayan Temple is my favorite for game play, but the background fish on the Sunken City and the Alien Tech bricks are cool too. Even the designers that use just the black background come up with some pretty cool effects. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:13 am 

8) SUNKEN CITY. IS ANIMATED BY THE FISH I LOVE IT
AHHHHHHHHHH THE RAIL BALL,, MY NUMBER 1
LOL MY AVATAR LOOK A BIT LIKE IT
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:17 am 

lexus69 wrote:
8)
AHHHHHHHHHH THE RAIL BALL,, MY NUMBER 1
LOL MY AVATAR LOOK A BIT LIKE IT
:roll:

Yes, it does. Good one!

The Rail Ball is my favourite also...wish we could sneak it over into Lost Worlds! :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:35 am 

I like them all. They all please me in one way or another. Yes, *sigh* I miss the rail ball too, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. I am happy none the less........ :D

Blessed Be, Merry ye meet, Merry ye part, and Merry ye meet again.

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

Post subject: Black background
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:44 pm 

My fav is the black background. It makes all the sparkles and pretty effects stand out better.I keep my background permanently on black.