Mayan Temple 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Alien Tech 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
They are all just as good 31%  31%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:15 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Users have the option to make the background black on any round. In the video options menu you can change the background or you can just press F5 to cycle between animated background, static background, and black background. In other words, you will have to press F5 twice to get the background black and a third time to get back to normal.

When the designers set the background on the level to black that takes this control away from the user. The user can no longer decide to see a background or not. Instead they are forced to see the black background no matter how many times they press F5 or no matter what option they select in the video options. This is fine for some levels. My favorite was a round set that had a variety of backgrounds but one round in the set had a black background and a storm cloud complete with lightning. This made a stunning visual effect and the black background was very appropriate. But I am annoyed with roundsets that have black as the background for every round in the set just because the designer prefers to play with no background. I think this option should be left up to the player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:02 pm 
I like ALL backgrounds. The artists did a great work making them. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:14 am 

I like them all too with my least fav being Myan Temple.

I would love to see that blue ball make an appearance on RLW's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:00 am 

The underwater one is so much better than the one in RX. Sorry to say that one (RX) just sucks. This game is far better also because of the editing and power-ups.

Who out there remembers Ricochet? I had that a long time ago. Now all I have are the 2 new ones. RX and RLW.

The next one better have an editor in it or else :twisted:

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:02 am 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

So far there have only been two Ricochet games made by Reflexive. The first one went by a few different names. It was sometimes called simply Ricochet but usually called Ricochet Xtreme and on Real Networks it was called Rebound. All of these were the same game. The original idea was the “demo” version was called “Ricochet” but if you paid the $19.95 registration fee it because “Ricochet Xtreme”. Ricochet was the free game with a limited number of levels but when you pay for it you get Ricochet Xtreme with 170 levels. If you played a game called Ricochet, and the first 10 rounds had a space theme with asteroids flying around, then that is Ricochet Xtreme.

Later we made Ricochet Lost Worlds with has the same style player ship as Ricochet Xtreme but different paint jobs on the ship, new environment (backgrounds) such as the Mayan Temple, new power-ups such as the EMP ball, and new types of bricks such as the starfish goal. Ricochet Lost Worlds is also known as Rebound Lost Worlds in Real Network’s Real Arcade but it is the exact same game.

Summer: There are two Ricochet games:
1) Ricochet, Ricochet Xtreme, and Rebound are all the exact same game
2) Ricochet Lost Worlds and Rebound Lost Worlds are the same as each other (but different than Ricochet Xtreme)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:34 pm 

James C. Smith wrote:
So far there have only been two Ricochet games made by Reflexive. The first one went by a few different names. It was sometimes called simply Ricochet but usually called Ricochet Xtreme and on Real Networks it was called Rebound. All of these were the same game. The original idea was the “demo” version was called “Ricochet” but if you paid the $19.95 registration fee it because “Ricochet Xtreme”. Ricochet was the free game with a limited number of levels but when you pay for it you get Ricochet Xtreme with 170 levels. If you played a game called Ricochet, and the first 10 rounds had a space theme with asteroids flying around, then that is Ricochet Xtreme.

Your right it was "Rebound" don't remember where I downloaded it from but then I got ripped off if it is the same as RX. Who do I go after to get my money back (JK don't need it now).

Thanks.

Brent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:22 am 
I know you're just kidding, but Real One is the culprit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:05 pm 
for the price....download extreme from reflexive and enjoy the addons....i have rebound from 'real one' but then paid again to get the better version.

IT'S A BARGAIN :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:00 pm 

Like the alien background but the bricks make it dull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:45 pm 

I prefer mayan temple... its got some good brick styles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:31 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Believe it or not, since most all my roundsets use a black background, my favorite background is the sunken city. This is the background I use for creating because I can see the lines, circles, and paths the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:55 am 

I also use sunken city when I am creating of same reason as BigMama. I like that one best, even if I also use black often. Im using black often because the details and the colors on the brick looks better that way....thats what I mean... :D

Jarro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:43 am 

My fave would have to be Mayan Temple all the vines ands stones make it look like your out in a little garden. It's the best envirment to build things that would be outside I think. I also love the bricks. They remind me of chocolate in a way.

I like the underwater one, it's cool too. My least fave is the Alien background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:04 pm 

Mayan Temple is my favorite because it`s brick designs are very cool and more creative than Alien, Underwater or Volcanic.

My second favorite is Alien, third is underwater, and least is volcanic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:33 pm 

I reckon the Mayan Temple is the best one for me because there are some neat brick styles and i use it to build levels with " Traps " for example, Like a lost tomb or something :wink: