RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Phase Two - by Bob12
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:01 pm 
Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Phase Two'.

Description by Bob12: Not as "busy" as my first set, but still hopefully enjoyable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:41 pm 

Less busy than your first set? Well, let’s see. Which is less busy: The Beltway (Washington, DC) at rush hour or the M25 (London) at rush hour? :wink: Actually, this set was less busy than your first, but was still rather baroque. What helped were good PUs, although some came later than they could have. What didn’t help were the bricks low on the screen in some rounds, especially round 2 (also 10), and the excess of PUs in round 3.

So much for the tips (no, not complaints!). This set was definitely better than your first for a couple of primary reasons. First, your designs were very nice. Yes, a bit busy perhaps, but very well laid out, and designed so as to add to the play. Second, and more importantly, there was some good challenge here. The rings were not gimmes, but there wasn’t a lot of frustration involved in getting them. Some rounds, especially 5, took skill, but were not so difficult that they became annoying (this is a marvelous round :)). There were lots of barriers throughout the set, but even they were overcomable (yech). Speaking of level 5, as a punster I loved the title! Speaking of round titles, you realize that the fault mentioned in round 8 was in the AE36 Unit, not the AE35 Unit, don’t you? :wink:

Can’t help wondering where the heck round 7 came from. It was lovely and fun to play, but didn’t fit it visually, or by play, with the rest of the set.

Overall? A wonderful set that was as much fun to play as it was to look at. I don’t care if it was more or less busy than your first; it was definitely better, and extremely enjoyable. Thanks! :-D :-D :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:40 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Quite an easy and fun set to play. I enjoyed it. No complaints.
You DO love to use the blossom ball, don't you? :lol: It's one of my favorite powerups, too!

Levels 1 & 10 were the same except that one was upside down. They were really cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:55 pm 

Thanks for the tips. I'll look at those rounds and see about improving the next set. It really was the "AE35 Unit" - I have a series of sound bites from 2001 and 2010 and one was that quote. I listened to it before titling the round. And Round 7 came from lack of imagination, mostly. I thought about trying to come up with a title that would sort of fit with the rest but decided to just name it for what I was doing: playing. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:26 pm 

Fun set to play