RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:25 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Academy Collaborations #1 - Stick People'.

Description by Ricollaborators: Welcome to the first Academy Collaboration. This set was created by various authors who will be noted on each level. The idea was to provide sets from people just beginning to create levels to people already experienced in making levels. The focus of this set is "stick people" and the movement called "move to point".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:19 am 

Wow – what a fascinating combination of rounds! The art ranged from Alf’s ultra simplicity, to Big Mama’s opulence, to Rico-rocker2’s RLW version of “stickâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:55 am 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

Good job everyone :!: I hope next time more designers will join in as there were several designers I really missed in this offering.

Thanks BigMama for getting this off the ground. I hope it is a rousing success. :D We have now given designers who want to learn how to use the move to point plug-in at least 12 examples, some of them simple like mine, and some very much more complex. :) Ricochet Academy has a lot to offer and I know I have already learned lots there and expect to learn more as time goes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:26 am 

the one with infinity mayan alien and canvas

is mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:31 am 

really great and fun here we go round/ round:
1:good instructions i think i wil join (great level to)but last time i joined a colaboration (spaceships)there where not enrough levels sob sob.
2:butterfly's ???????but great design
3:lololololololyou are funyer then ever josef, i'm a big fan of you (from others to)
4: same as 3
5:it' was funnyer when the prize say : mama but he didn't.great job afer all
6: i didn't understand this story. good job after all
7:simple but briliant !
8:really fun thx for sharig
9:what is his work ?
10:i wanne b i that level ,lol
11:i knowed thios from the begin but great
12:great end

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:03 pm 

L 9 arrived at my house blank. Nothing in it at all, just a black screen, not even the name of the round. Was that intentional?

All the levels were great, some more than others, but I appreciate the opportunity to be in kahoots with others. Better I think, than a competition, because I'd lose, for sure :o , but this was for all the creators to have their work seen (in the same set as the Faculty!) and learn the topic, whether a beginner or a pro.

And speaking of the Academy, I just love the way everything is set up here. It feels like professional creators helping novices become professional. And then we have the Dean of the Academy, Mr. Smith himself! It really does feel like more than just another website. There's always support and help from my peers, there's always material available to study what I want to learn, and there are friends made, and friends to be made. Just like a real academy!

THANK YOU, JAMES, FOR PUTTING THE ACADEMY TOGETHER!

Rickey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm 

Oliver wrote:
5:it' was funnyer when the prize say : mama but he didn't.great job afer all

GET REAL!!! that took me like 6 minuits to script!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:17 pm 

Gosh ! That was FUN!! :lol: :lol: Who knew you could make stick figures do so many great things!?!? It was fun seeing what each creator would come up with... I sometimes found myself looking too much and missing the ball!
Joseph L , you always have SO much going on in your levels it is amazing. I have to concentrate hard to get through the level!
Alf, you make me laugh out loud many times.... the little shrug of the shoulders when he comes home from work and is "with child" and he asks "what is that?"" I loved the 4 levels within the level.
Big Mama, the back-stroke level with the rings hidden in the fish was GREAT! and, your Playtime level was so much fun and I loved the rings moving with the clouds and... thank goodness coming back with the clouds!
Glory Bee, your movin' groovin' level was so much fun! You always add humor and color!
Rico Rocker2, Fun at the Park WAS fun... and I loved the movement in Headstand! You have alot of fun things in your levels.
Rick, your Butterflies Know and Scary Butterfly were great! And your PUs were perfect, because your designs are so intricate it's nice to have the PU help! Also like the rings being hidden in the rocks!
Ronnie Lively... I always enjoy a little "hangman" puzzle! It was fun!
Thank you, each one for the collaboration! I don't create but you make me want to! :) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:18 pm 

Really fun set to play and all the creators did a good job .. Thanks BigMama for getting it going and putting it togehter ........

I do want to point out that there should have been MANY more of you designers to send a single level or 2 .... I know alot of you can ( or could ) have made better looking stickmen than I can , or could have ever made , since I have played alot sets that you prove what you can do and what you can design .... So next one , take a few minutes of your time and make a level or two and share with your fellow designers .....

Edit : thanks gimanski for the compliment .. glad you liked the levels ... and the others too :D

nanadee3 thanks ... I try to make things somewhat interesting ... as everyone else did too .. the whole set was great and fun to play

Last edited by Josef L on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:01 pm 

I, too, tried to guess who made the level before the name appeared, and just looking at the thumbnail, I said to myself, "self, that one is Big Mama's", and when I got into the play, it turned out to be GLORY BEE'S! I'm impressed, GB!

But there's still that one level, #9 I think, that is totally blank. Not even a ring. How is that possible? should I try downloading it again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:05 pm 

nanadee3 wrote:
Alf, you make me laugh out loud many times.... the little shrug of the shoulders when he comes home from work and is "with child" and he asks "what is that?"" I loved the 4 levels within the level.

That's the level I don't see. Nuttin, nada, zip!

Rick, your Butterflies Know and Scary Butterfly were great! And your PUs were perfect, because your designs are so intricate it's nice to have the PU help! Also like the rings being hidden in the rocks! Thank you.

Ronnie Lively... I always enjoy a little "hangman" puzzle! It was fun! Yes, very clever! I guessed the puzzle before he got hanged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:05 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

Rickey I would delete the set from your Rounds folder and redownload it as there is lots going on in L9 and I do not want you to miss Alf's crazy sense of humor.

I think you managed to compliment both myself and BigMama. She does not think she is too good at vector art (but she is!) and I am glad you enjoyed the level. If she had scripted my stick figure it would have done a lot more movin' and groovin' :lol:

Thanks so much Nanadee, I appreciate your comment, I love making colorful levels and if there is a chance to add humor that is always a plus.

I am so glad people are enjoying our first Academy Collab. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:10 pm 

Glory Bee wrote:
Rickey I would delete the set from your Rounds folder and redownload it as there is lots going on in L9 and I do not want you to miss Alf's crazy sense of humor.
Sense of humor is right, and the jokes on me! You know what, (Alf probably already does), I deleted the game and re-loaded it, and L9 was black again and......are you ready for this? I was playing in the editor, like I always do and nothing was there, just a black screen. Well, just for kicks, I hit F6 and guess what? It's all there and scene one starts to play. I guess edit mode captures the scene before the, ahem, curtains open....WHAT A HOOT! :o :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:11 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

This set was great. I wish I had had time to make a level. It was so interesting to see the different things people came up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 pm 

This was really a great set and fun to play... =D>