RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC

Would you recommend this Round Set to other players?
1) Don’t bother 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
2) I have played worse 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
3) It was average. Entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary. 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
4) Very Good. Well worth the download 18%  18%  [ 4 ]
5) Fantastic! Great fun 32%  32%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 22
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:45 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Effort #2 The Experiment'.

Description by Bubbles: Well I did it. 100 Rounds of fun...I hope. I learned as I built, added some movement and some cruel sets. But still alot of easy sit back and watch rounds with lots of different themes going on throughout the set. I truly enjoyed building this one for those who asked for more. You still end up with tons of Ion Balls at the end, but I hope you still have a goodtime with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:51 pm 

Ok, now some of the levels in this set did tick me off, but not enough to make me quit playing because there were so many fun and challenging levels in this set, you definetly get a 5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:19 pm 

A lot of very nice designs and movements, and a good deal of variety in the game play. I'm not a classic breakout fan and I love RLW because it has so many fun powerups so the brick bashing rounds did not appeal to me. Some tough rounds, some easy rounds, overall a bit of a challenging set. Really liked your ideas on "Wait for the Homerun" and "Alien Jumprope", those were cool rounds. A lot of rounds and a lot of effort, thanks for the set! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:55 am 

Not my cuppa tea. I found it very frustrating with all the barriers and mazes. More trappred balls that are useless except to slow my computer down.
The designs were good just not my favorite type of game.
Took way to long to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:38 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Too big a roundset for my taste. Took too long to play. Some rounds were quite boring with too much brick bashing. Too many bombs for me. The maze autoplays took way too long to finish. Barriers abundant & annoying.

R25 - I felt sorry for the ion ball getting beaten up by the horseshoe barriers.

R35 - Cattle Crossing -- very cute
The sports designs were very clever, & fun to play.

Loved all the rings!

Post subject: the experiment
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:35 am 

too much bashing; some rounds took too long to play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:38 am 

:lol: Love the Mazes I hope you do somemore of those it was great playing thanks for all the fun 8)

Sonja

Post subject: 5
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:32 pm 

Really had pleasure playing this set.It is intelligent,well crafted and variety of gamestyle makes this an interesting challenge rather more than a 'tea break' play. Variety a plenty..........skill required varying but consistant entertainment. A keeper! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:07 am 

I thought this was pretty boring. It takes way too long to complete each round. I am up to level 22 so far and I don't think I will complete it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:56 am 

I love long round sets and this one was great fun. I'm not big on autoplay but in such a large set it is relaxing to have the occasional one thrown in.

Yes, there are some design flaws here but in the main it's a set with tons of variety and lots of challenges. Some levels were laughably easy but others I had to tackle a couple of times to get all the rings.

I did end up with over 140 lives in the end, which is kind of a waste here but I don't mind levels with extra rings that result in extra lives. It's a point of honor for me to try and get every last ring, no matter how many there are.

All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable set for those of us who like to sink our teeth into a nice long play. I'd say it's easy enough for a beginner to try and hard enough for those who like a challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:42 am 
Definitely a large variety !!! 3/5

Round 93 took 11:24 minutes for me to finish. Must have done something totally wrong somewhere - but what can you do wrong on an autoplay maze ???

I absolutely abhor timed bonus rounds like Round 17 and 36. I want to be able to get every single golden circlet. None of this now you see them and now you don't !

I'll stop complaining.
Ding Dong, Ms Holly Belle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:26 pm 

This was a fantastic "effort". You certainly succeeded in your experiment. I have been playing for a few months and this is the first time I felt compelled to make a comment about the work done. Your approach is intelligent, with a combination of attractive style, creative ideas, and an avoidance of the old rat-a-tat-tat that so many seem to present. This was actually relaxing and challenging at the same time. Some of the chambers were fascinating - it was interesting to just sit back and watch at times, and the artwork lovely - The pirate ship for example. Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:59 pm 

i love a nice long set -- 100 levels was great! however, after about the first 50 levels, you seem to have forgotten that power ups are fun. seems about the only power ups i got were extra ion spheres (which i didn't need at all).

the designs were great, i just wish there'd been less brick-bashing -- just not my thing. the autoplays didn't bother me -- they're ok when mixed into a really long set. overall, i'm giving you a 4 because i know lots of effort went into making such a huge set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:00 am 

way to long and boring the only thing you like to give us for power ups is the lazer ball and extra ions we only need so many
auto plays with all the extra balls are just annoying and slow down puters i love the ideas you come up with but it would be nice to enjoy the game instead of getting frustrated you should mention this when you post them so people know sorry but i wont be trying anymore of your sets i have tried three thought you might change
this set is for all you out there that like to hit a brick 10times before it goes away and have along time to play

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

It seemed so long, too many mazes, autoplays,and not enough pu's.