RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:20 pm

All times are UTC

Would you recommend this Round Set to other players?
1) Don’t bother 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
2) I have played worse 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
3) It was average. Entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary. 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
4) Very Good. Well worth the download 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
5) Fantastic! Great fun 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 25
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:55 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'ricochet6'.

Description by sith or jedi: my first big round set.it is pleased you to complete ricochet to ricochet5 to go this.many weeks i worked in this one.there is no thing like,destroy brick and and another apiers to the screen(becouse i dont no how to do that).still it will be great chalange. hope you will like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:05 am 

some rounds were frustrating 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:34 pm 

I couldn't take watching my ball bounce around amlessly bouncing of of unbreakavle bricks so after 10 minutes on rd 1 I aborted.
Someone please let me know if it gets any better and I will go back and try again.
What's with the copper barriers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:37 pm 

Very long set! The first half was a solid playing set, with a good mix of easy and challenging rounds. The last half, however, had too many tedious rounds (56, 59, 61, 65, 66, etc.). Didn't care for the mazes either. There's potential here, but it wasn't a consistent set in terms of the game play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:15 pm 

I tried again and made it to Round 6.
This was cruel hard torture.
I don't get it????? I thought this was supposed to be fun.
Every round I played was between 6-10 minutes.
No gameplay just lots of balls going down the drain. :roll:

Last edited by Plum Crazy on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:47 pm 

I was able to get to rd 65 but did not complete it. I was in "Easy" mode and used up 24 spheres and spent 1 hour & 35 minutes on this round. :roll:

There was a lot of rds that I did not get the rings on & didn't bnother to go back & try again.

This is the only roundset I have ever removed entirely from my system :!:

Even so, this roundset does have potential, & I applaud the effort & time to create it, but it needs some refinement to be an enjoyable & fun roundset.

I look forward to trying an updated version of Ricochet6 roundset. :D

Last edited by RLW Addict on Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:10 am 

Was excited to see so many rounds to be able to play once I downloaded but the game is not in good Ricochet sportmanship and the same with the Ricochet round submitted earlier this week by you two :( In all fairness, your rounds would be fun if you didn't make them quite so difficult !!! Difficult is good but your difficult is nutso !!! Make it fun, okay ????? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:41 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Rounds 1-6 gave me a headache! I played again today & did a little better. Finally, in R11, a maze that gets all the rings! The maze in R16 is impossible to get all the rings. I was doing pretty well & there were many nice playable rounds from R7 to R60, with only 37, 47, 51, 54, 56 making me frustrated. Gave up trying to get all the rings, but had plenty of spheres to go.

Then came round 61. I started the round over 3 times to try to figure out how NOT to get bombed & get my weapons taken away so I could get through the unbreakable barrier to get at the rest of the bricks & get to the rings. I gave up after about 20 mins. & aborted.

By this time I was cursing & had another headache. Sorry, but you get a 1 from me on this one. Probably would have been close to a 4 if not for R56 (16 mins.) & R61. You just gotta make them possible to play & fun to play at the same time! I have no desire to ever go back & try again! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:32 am 

I gotta tell you, these are some of the toughest rounds that I've played especially round 61. I'm about to throw the towel in. When I have the time I will try to finish your roundset, but for now it's on the back burner. I would probably grade your set a 3 for creativity.
Well after some serious gameplay I finished your roundset, the "labrynth" and "snake tunel" took up a large part of my time but the rest of your set was fairly easy and straight forward. Personally I like a challenging puzzle. I still give you a 3 for your ideas and hope you will come forth with some more of your creative ideas.

Last edited by Mike E Hoff on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:26 am 

i only made it to level 13, and that was after starting the game over and over and over again to get there. just too difficult for my liking. i don't like autoplay rounds, and i especially don't like them when it take freaking forever to get through them - what's with the impossible mazes?

seems like you have some good ideas, and maybe you are just worried that your set will be too easy, but please don't make them so hard that they're no longer fun. i voted 1, sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:12 am 

I made it to R65, but it was "tuff' getting there. I spent 30 plus minutes on that round and can't get very far, althouh I did get 3 rings. I think you put the starfish blocks in the wrong place. It's hard to get in the ball deflectors and hit 3\4 4 hit blocks to get your starfish ball or whatever you call it, , then you have to get in the top right and left ball deflector and have 5 more 4 hit blocks to get your rings....That is not fair. Sith or Jedi, did you get the rings when you created this round , or did you play it. I can't vote yet, because I haven't finished this roundset. Some of the other rounds were unfair too. If I finish this roundset, and vote on it, I will let you know which rounds I thought were unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:52 am 
A Jedi did not design this roundset. It was definitely designed by a Sith ! I have persevered and kept playing the rounds and have 6 rounds in which I have not gotten the rings. Probably will never finish those rounds - too miserably impossible !!! For your work - 3/5

It is not nice to place indestructable bricks in a maze. It is not nice to place upside down bricks right next to the top - without powerups they turn into indesctructable bricks. It is not nice to layout designs like round 65 and 66 ! It is not nice to design autoplays like round 71 that don't want to play with themselves and keep spitting out the ion spheres. etc. etc. etc.

Ding Dong, Ms Holly Belle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:29 am 

:x Whoever made the "Ricochet6 and "Ricochet" made the most boring game I've ever played on this site!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:00 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Thank you for posting some feedback. Information like this can help players find a roundset that is more appealing to them. With hundreds of roundsets to choose from, I am sure you can find something you like.

But your comments would be MUCH more helpful if they were more constructive in nature. Say what made the levels boring. This way player will know if it was the same type of things that may bore them, or if you just prefer a different kind of game then they do.

Constructive criticism could be even more helpful to the person who created the rounds. Tell him/her what could be done better next time.

And finally, there is absolutely no reason to use the “mad” face. Even if you didn’t enjoy a roundset, there is no reason to be mad about it. Someone shared their creation with you. It is free. If you didn’t like it then tell us why and them move on to the next one. I could understand bored, disappointed, or sad. But “mad” is just uncalled for.

Last edited by James C. Smith on Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:37 pm 

happysis wrote:
I made it to R65, but it was "tuff' getting there. I spent 30 plus minutes on that round and can't get very far, althouh I did get 3 rings. I think you put the starfish blocks in the wrong place. It's hard to get in the ball deflectors and hit 3\4 4 hit blocks to get your starfish ball or whatever you call it, , then you have to get in the top right and left ball deflector and have 5 more 4 hit blocks to get your rings....That is not fair. Sith or Jedi, did you get the rings when you created this round , or did you play it. I can't vote yet, because I haven't finished this roundset. Some of the other rounds were unfair too. If I finish this roundset, and vote on it, I will let you know which rounds I thought were unfair.

I did not vote for this roundset, as I have not finished this roundset. I am still stuck on R 65. I must have voted for some orher Ricichet game by accident.