RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:44 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

A blast from the past.
A re-run of the original Ricochet levels with the luxury of Infinity to destroy them all over again.
Comments and views are welcome.
P.S. Well done BigMama!
It was a pleasure to work with such a tallented person......

That's what she told me anyway lol.

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Ricochet Xtreme Homage'.

Description by Alf and BigMama: For all those fans that enjoyed the first Ricochet Xtreme, those levels have now been recreated - BUT WITH A TWIST. You'll recognize each level initially - maybe, but we've taken the new Infinity stuff and mixed it in. We've added rings, switches, starfish homes, movements, and more. Hope you enjoy the ride back through the beginning, with a twist of now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:29 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

That's what she told me anyway lol. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

You nut!
P.S. Well done to you too, Alf!
It was a pleasure to work with such a tallented person..........as well

And that's what he told me...Humph! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:28 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

you two are crazy! I think you're having Rico-meltdown! :D

Nice going though - I wondered how long it'd take you to finish this! Guess I'll have to download the latest build this afternoon, and for Mark as well :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

i am amazed how quick you guys turn out sets..where do you find the time ?
i am struggling to put together 30.. so to see so many rounds my jaw hit the floor
i have only played the first 40 and i like what i am seeing so far .i cant wait until tomorow when i can start playing some more...
i have never played extreme so these are all new to me..i like what you are doing so keep doing it
playing has given me a few ideas as soon as i get to 30 i will share them with you

thanks for a great set so far

steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

LOL, BigMama, just having a laugh with the small-print, it was really a pleasure to help you create this. Lol at your small-print too, he he.

Shaz: Crazy? I can't even argue with you on that one. After looking more into it, yep it was nice going, I wanted to do a round ratio of 1.5 per day, I think we both well exceeded it so that was good going.
Rico-meltdown? I think I was heading for Rico-mental-town. :lol:

Steve: Yep, the time was good. Every time I decided to take a bit of a break though, BigMama shouted at me, I even nearly got detention at one time :shock:
Nah, I think we kept each-other on our toes.
Looking forward to your 30 set.

I think half of the battle was copying the levels and trying to come up with the wackiest of scripting to duplicate the originals and add more. I think that sometimes getting stuck for ideas was solved by looking at what BigMama had been up to and going from there.

It is good to know others will gain ideas from us, it is usually me getting ideas from others.

Keep on the lookout for the RLW Recharged - Re-infinitized.
Author 'Alf and BigMama'!!! 357 rounds of Mayhem, to play is a must.

I think BigMama has just fainted. :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:24 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Alf wrote:
Keep on the lookout for the RLW Recharged - Re-infinitized.
Author 'Alf and BigMama'!!! 357 rounds of Mayhem, to play is a must.

I think BigMama has just fainted. :shock: :lol:
Need I say more about that??? he-he But seriously, it was a lot of fun working with you, Alf. And your the one who kept pushing me...not the other way around... 8) :lol: I spent so much time in "time-out", I thought I'd never be able to have fun again...hee hee

Shaz, I'll have to agree with you (and Alf, though don't tell him... :lol: ). We are 100% certified crazy.

And Steve, the sets that you come up with, like the Lazy Days of Summer, are like, WOW! They are so much more awesome than what I put together. And your creativity!!! I'm really looking forward to your 30. I know it will be great!

I think we all get ideas from each other. I know I got some from Alf when we were putting this together. That's what makes it so great. Like Alf said, some of the levels were really challenging to come up with the twists and turns Infinity has. Xtreme was such a good game in its own right, sometimes I wondered if we were not doing it justice. However, I got over that thought :lol: I'll have to say that it turned out better than I thought it would, and I had a lot of fun getting picked on by Alf in the process. :roll:

Look forward to any other comments you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:28 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

I've started to play it, and so far it looks great. Now I know why I backed out. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:33 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

allecnarf wrote:
I've started to play it, and so far it looks great. Now I know why I backed out. :lol:

Thanks allecnarf for the looks great...but I wish you hadn't added that last part. I was sad that you had backed out. I like what you put together. I hope you're creating a set for us to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:38 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

This is an amazing collection. I showed it at our weekly company meeting and everyone was very impressed. You have done a great job of recreating the original levels and an even better job of jazzing them up. I played the first 10 levels and then jumped around to some of my favorite levels to see your versions of them. It looks great. I look forward to playing all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:38 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

I was a little disappointed with the “Ball Exchangeâ€

Last edited by James C. Smith on Fri May 25, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:57 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

[quote="James C. Smith"]I was a little disappointed with the “Ball Exchangeâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:50 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

As Alf said to you, James, thanks for the comments. We were hoping we could get the "homage" in so everyone that played it could provide comments. That way, if any changes needed to be made, we had enough time to do them before the actual release of Infinity.

It was not easy jazzing up the original levels. Xtreme was a great game in itself. I think I can speak for Alf here that we both ask for any feedback that would make our work better - so we can fix it before the "big release day".

As you go through some of the levels, you'll probably notice where some of Alf and my comments came from on possible bugs, i.e., radius of change brick, etc. On some of the levels, we had to find an alternate route to do what the original Xtreme did, like wait for brick to be destroyed, then change brick to... -- instead of change neighbors when destroyed. This was only on the ones where the bricks were diagonally next to each other.

It's been a lot of fun, even working with Alf. :shock: :lol: (hee-hee) Thanks again for your comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:20 am 

well i have to say I will tag this nostalgic... I had the original ricochet on a pc that a friend built for me and gave me a second Hard drive he didn't use..
wow it had games on it and the original ricochet was on it. that was a few years ago and about 4 computers later I missed that game

so well done, I know Reflexive gave it away for free as a gesture , but I was in the midst of buying a new pc thus not wanting to install anything on my dead one
and missed the deadline, anyway, I have played about 60 levels of your set and I'm loving it!

Patience is a virtue.. Luck is a blessing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:10 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Thanks pinkfish. I'll have to say that "loving it" is exactly what I like hearing. And I'm sure Alf would say the same. I actually had a lot of fun recreating the Xtreme series with Alf (he's such a slave-driver). It brought back so many memories that I can see why you'd tag it nostalgic! Anyway, thanks for the words.. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:39 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Ditto! I actually thought BigMama didn't mind working 16 hours per day to get it finished. You should have said BigMama, I would have let you have a day off....... Just the one day off though. :wink:

Thanks Pinkfish, glad you are loving it! If you encounter any problems, Just send a pm.......... To BigMama :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next