RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:38 am

All times are UTC

Would you recommend this Round Set to other players?
1) Don’t bother - no fun at all 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
2) Somewhat fun but not as good as most 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
3) Average - entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
4) Very Good - better than most 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
5) Fantastic! - one of my all time favorites 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 pm 
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Recharged 3'.

Description by JUDIRMAN: An Expansion Of Recharged Pack 1 And 2.Including Same 110 Levels Round Sets.But It Will Hardest Gameplay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:34 pm 

This was not hard just boring and tedious.
I have to ask why create the same rounds?
Why not give any useful power ups?
I didn't finish this set and I doubt I will unless I am desperate for rings.
What a waste. It would have been a great play with a few useful power ups.
This is bordering on rediculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm 

Challenging? Try extremely tedious. On the plus side, there were a lot of nice round designs and ring designs. On the minus side, levels that are full of walls of bricks with zero powerups makes for an extremely boring play. Especially when the bricks are behind indestructibes and you have no control over the ball. For a 110 level set, putting rounds in that last a long time (e.g., most were about 7 minutes, some were up to 10-15 minutes) makes for a very long play. The levels towards the end got much better but it wasn't worth playing 80 levels just to get some good ones. If you like challenging levels where "challenging" equals "brick bashing", this is the set for you. 1/5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:01 am 

Couldn't get past level 3..how do you get the rings on top the indesrtuable bricks. No PU to help out. A ball catcher WOULD have helped some. Who wants to keep on hitting the bricks until they break. I sure don't want to, and without the ball catcher, it's hard to do this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 pm 

I thought I had a lot of time on my hands, but after seeing this bit of utter time-wasting drivel, I wasn't so sure. Obviously the maker of this set has more time on their hands than I do. I quit after 15 rounds, as I could see where I'd be spending the next four or five daze beating bricks to death. Spare me, please. Gimme game play!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:26 am 

happysis wrote:
Couldn't get past level 3..how do you get the rings on top the indesrtuable bricks. No PU to help out. A ball catcher WOULD have helped some. Who wants to keep on hitting the bricks until they break. I sure don't want to, and without the ball catcher, it's hard to do this

Went back and played this is set in INFINITY which is far better. Most of the rounds took too long to play and needed pu to help clear the board. In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? If you are going to put a ring there, you could at least have given us a acid ball, or something to help us get the ring. I was only able to get 4 rings. This round was unfair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 pm 

Interested to know which section of the fan base you are trying to appeal to with this roundset. Shooting a normal ball into a surround of indestructable bricks is a real time killer. I suppose if you just planted a new lawn it might work out well. You can go out and remow the lawn after each round is complete. Or......if your a real fan of the Christmas season, play this set for sure. (By the time you finish it, it will be Christmas again.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:11 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

1/5 -- no comments.
Anyone who has tried to play this set will know why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am 

happysis wrote:
In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? [/color][/b]

About round#104
You may notice that all rings (and all bricks too) go down from top of screen to its final places on first seconds of gameplay. So you can catch central ring in the round beginning using fast ball speed (I played on Hard mode in RLW and got all ring in this round after about 15-20 attempts).
Sorry my ugly English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:00 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

I played a different game from everyone else I think. :lol:
I have to give you credit for making such a big set and know it is no easy job to do.
I had lots of mixed feelings about the whole set.
Some levels are tedious.
Some levels are really good.
Some challenging and some easy.
I am not a big fan of levels where the bricks are too low down and I hate the overuse of speed changers. I also like to play a set in one sitting and not have to spend hours doing so.
I think this set would have got a lot better marks if it was split up. Some of the levels are long. Long levels in long sets just don't seem to go.
Apart from the frustrating and tedious levels, you gave us some good fun levels, nicely laid out and some good scripting making the good levels enjoyable.

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:23 am 

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who think this was a lost of time. Too many tedious level.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 pm 

happysis wrote:
happysis wrote:

Went back and played this is set in INFINITY which is far better. Most of the rounds took too long to play and needed pu to help clear the board. In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? If you are going to put a ring there, you could at least have given us a acid ball, or something to help us get the ring. I was only able to get 4 rings. This round was unfair.

Played this level again in Infinity and was able to get my ring in L104. NOW, in L51 "ALIEN BUTTER" where is the 5th ring? This level does have 5 rings, BUT when the level starts out it shows 4 gold rings, which I got, and one silver ring.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm 

happysis wrote:
Played this level again in Infinity and was able to get my ring in L104. NOW, in L51 "ALIEN BUTTER" where is the 5th ring? This level does have 5 rings, BUT when the level starts out it shows 4 gold rings, which I got, and one silver ring.

It looks like some bug in RI: the golden ring is marked as silver initially if it has ChangeSelf (or DeleteSelf) property.
There are a few of RLW levelsets where some rings are silver initially when playing in RI. Some om this sets are listed in this topic: http://www.ricochetinfinity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13453