RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:38 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Would you recommend this Round Set to other players?
1) Don’t bother - no fun at all 77%  77%  [ 10 ]
2) Somewhat fun but not as good as most 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
3) Average - entertaining but nothing out of the ordinary 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
4) Very Good - better than most 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
5) Fantastic! - one of my all time favorites 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:18 pm 
Offline
Ricochet Developer
Ricochet Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 1905
Location: Reflexive Entertainment
Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Recharged 3'.

Description by JUDIRMAN: An Expansion Of Recharged Pack 1 And 2.Including Same 110 Levels Round Sets.But It Will Hardest Gameplay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 11:01 am
Posts: 26857
Location: Taking the long way home
This was not hard just boring and tedious.
I have to ask why create the same rounds?
Why not give any useful power ups?
I didn't finish this set and I doubt I will unless I am desperate for rings.
What a waste. It would have been a great play with a few useful power ups.
This is bordering on rediculous.

_________________
"It sucks to be the worm"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:53 am
Posts: 8345
Location: California
Challenging? Try extremely tedious. On the plus side, there were a lot of nice round designs and ring designs. On the minus side, levels that are full of walls of bricks with zero powerups makes for an extremely boring play. Especially when the bricks are behind indestructibes and you have no control over the ball. For a 110 level set, putting rounds in that last a long time (e.g., most were about 7 minutes, some were up to 10-15 minutes) makes for a very long play. The levels towards the end got much better but it wasn't worth playing 80 levels just to get some good ones. If you like challenging levels where "challenging" equals "brick bashing", this is the set for you. 1/5


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:52 pm
Posts: 4694
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
Couldn't get past level 3..how do you get the rings on top the indesrtuable bricks. No PU to help out. A ball catcher WOULD have helped some. Who wants to keep on hitting the bricks until they break. I sure don't want to, and without the ball catcher, it's hard to do this


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 10:13 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Lacey, WA
I thought I had a lot of time on my hands, but after seeing this bit of utter time-wasting drivel, I wasn't so sure. Obviously the maker of this set has more time on their hands than I do. I quit after 15 rounds, as I could see where I'd be spending the next four or five daze beating bricks to death. Spare me, please. Gimme game play!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:52 pm
Posts: 4694
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
happysis wrote:
Couldn't get past level 3..how do you get the rings on top the indesrtuable bricks. No PU to help out. A ball catcher WOULD have helped some. Who wants to keep on hitting the bricks until they break. I sure don't want to, and without the ball catcher, it's hard to do this


Went back and played this is set in INFINITY which is far better. Most of the rounds took too long to play and needed pu to help clear the board. In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? If you are going to put a ring there, you could at least have given us a acid ball, or something to help us get the ring. I was only able to get 4 rings. This round was unfair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 9
Location: Orange, CA
Interested to know which section of the fan base you are trying to appeal to with this roundset. Shooting a normal ball into a surround of indestructable bricks is a real time killer. I suppose if you just planted a new lawn it might work out well. You can go out and remow the lawn after each round is complete. Or......if your a real fan of the Christmas season, play this set for sure. (By the time you finish it, it will be Christmas again.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:11 pm 
Offline
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:11 pm
Posts: 37302
Location: Stoughton, WI
1/5 -- no comments.
Anyone who has tried to play this set will know why.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:37 am
Posts: 30
Location: Moscow, Russia
happysis wrote:
In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? [/color][/b]


About round#104
You may notice that all rings (and all bricks too) go down from top of screen to its final places on first seconds of gameplay. So you can catch central ring in the round beginning using fast ball speed (I played on Hard mode in RLW and got all ring in this round after about 15-20 attempts).
Sorry my ugly English.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 14230
Location: Off line
I played a different game from everyone else I think. :lol:
I have to give you credit for making such a big set and know it is no easy job to do.
I had lots of mixed feelings about the whole set.
Some levels are tedious.
Some levels are really good.
Some challenging and some easy.
I am not a big fan of levels where the bricks are too low down and I hate the overuse of speed changers. I also like to play a set in one sitting and not have to spend hours doing so.
I think this set would have got a lot better marks if it was split up. Some of the levels are long. Long levels in long sets just don't seem to go.
Apart from the frustrating and tedious levels, you gave us some good fun levels, nicely laid out and some good scripting making the good levels enjoyable.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:23 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:14 am
Posts: 18
Location: Québec
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who think this was a lost of time. Too many tedious level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:52 pm
Posts: 4694
Location: Zanesville, Ohio
happysis wrote:
happysis wrote:
Couldn't get past level 3..how do you get the rings on top the indesrtuable bricks. No PU to help out. A ball catcher WOULD have helped some. Who wants to keep on hitting the bricks until they break. I sure don't want to, and without the ball catcher, it's hard to do this


Went back and played this is set in INFINITY which is far better. Most of the rounds took too long to play and needed pu to help clear the board. In level 104 "ALIEN GENERATION" how are you suppose to get the ring that is behind the instructable silver ball that is in the middle of the circle? If you are going to put a ring there, you could at least have given us a acid ball, or something to help us get the ring. I was only able to get 4 rings. This round was unfair.


Played this level again in Infinity and was able to get my ring in L104. NOW, in L51 "ALIEN BUTTER" where is the 5th ring? This level does have 5 rings, BUT when the level starts out it shows 4 gold rings, which I got, and one silver ring.

_________________
SMILE...IT COULD BE WORSE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:37 am
Posts: 30
Location: Moscow, Russia
happysis wrote:
Played this level again in Infinity and was able to get my ring in L104. NOW, in L51 "ALIEN BUTTER" where is the 5th ring? This level does have 5 rings, BUT when the level starts out it shows 4 gold rings, which I got, and one silver ring.


It looks like some bug in RI: the golden ring is marked as silver initially if it has ChangeSelf (or DeleteSelf) property.
There are a few of RLW levelsets where some rings are silver initially when playing in RI. Some om this sets are listed in this topic: http://www.ricochetinfinity.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13453


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group