RICOCHET INFINITY

For all things Ricochet...
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bombing Run - by Alf
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:14 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Click 'Post Reply' to add a comment about 'Bombing Run'.

Description by Alf: A bit of a mix here, something I started on, mixed with some basic old style stuff, oh and a boss at the end, probably the best boss you will get to play against. Comments and insults as usual please!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:42 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

I figured by the time I finished testing this set it would already be posted :lol: I loved the set. Pure Alf :) Loads of fun and a few surprises. I cannot say enough just how much I LOVED your BOSS, I agree, all BOSSES should be like that. I also liked the option of dodging bombs or not on most levels. Great scripting. A really fun set Alf. Glad you are back :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

I like it, I like this type of comments. I am glad you liked the set Glory Bee. It took a little bit of scripting and a lot of thought on a few of the levels, others were a bit more basic, I have planned for the boss to be like that from the start, I wasn't sure if 300 hits would be enough, it was originally 9999 hits, imagine how long that would have taken. Did you get blown up at any time? Nope, I thought not. :lol:
Thanks for the encouraging comments. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:09 pm 

:lol: LOVED Rico when he came out with the Rocket launcher ! That was great ! thanks .... Really had alot of fun playing this whole set .... No special levels because I liked every one of them :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

=D> Alf's back. I loved it. Of course I had to go through a red teleporter to see what happened. I knew I was going to get killed, but I moved the ship around as much as I could to see the bomb following me. And you had the BEST BOSS EVER. Lots of fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:15 pm 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Ditto what has been said so far. I really enjoyed this set. I liked the color and layout. Loved Rico's help! As always, I enjoyed the sense of humor behind the set! Thanks for a good time. How do you do these so quickly????? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:12 pm 

:D good and fun. nice level 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:20 pm 

No more black backgrounds please! Well, I can't really tell what to do but it's so not my time I'm declaring I'm not going to play or make any more black backround levels for a long time, not depending on the author either. It's just no good for me, takes the fun away. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:52 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

Of course I got blown up a couple of times, or well maybe more than a couple with my dexterity at trying to dodge the red teleporters :lol: but it in no way spoiled the set because you gave out as many free ions as even a player like me should need and still have at least one life left at the end of the level :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:37 pm 
Ricochet Academy
Ricochet Academy

Finally - a set with a BOSS to love :!: Between Rico with his bloody big boss blaster and the promise to not let bombs bother me, I don't know when I've had so much fun playing a set. Just so you know, I've now gone back and played L10 11 times :lol:

This was a true Alf set and I loved every minute of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:48 am 

Good set Alf..Didn't have any trouble with the levels, except for level 9 ...TAKE A CLOSER LOOK. Didn't quite understand how to play it, but I did manage to get my rings. Wished ALL boss levels were like the one in level 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:40 am 
Ghost Buster
Ghost Buster

Josef L - I am glad that you loved Rico with his Rocket launcher and glad you enjoyed all of the levels.

allecnarf - I tried to make the red teleporters tempting and very possible to go through by mistake because of the rings. Glad you had fun trying to dodge and get the bomb to follow you, I do that too. :lol:

BigMama - I don't know how I do them so quickly. I thought you might like Rico's help, I am glad you enjoyed playing.

valerio3000 - Glad you liked it.

gf1024 - Using the black background is my preference. I have made a few canvas levels where I will have the background showing but still keep it dark. Even creating for RLW I chose to mainly have the 'None' background. I love all the environments because they are very artistic but I also prefer to have better contrast. Maybe the background helps with the mood for playing, I find it distracting. Mayan is the worst for me, it is like everything is camouflaged. Unless I chose to project some sort of images onto my canvas levels, I will be continuing to use dark backgrounds and not have anything animated from the choice of other environments. My levels, my choice, my preference. Sorry it takes away the fun from you bu it is how I prefer it to be. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hoddi - A boss to love indeed, he is cute isn't he. I think you overdone it a bit on level 10 lol. promises, promises eh? I am glad you loved every minute of it.

happysis - Three of the faces have a Nuke where their mouths are. The reason 'take a closer look' is a hint to go for the nukes, this makes the rest of the level fairly easy to play. I see you got the rings so you must have been able to play through eventually, I hope it never caused you too much trouble. I also wish all bosses were like this one. Actually no, I wish bosses didn't exist to be honest.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thoughts. Looks like most of you had fun. Cheers. :wink: :arrow:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:44 pm 

Great set but that was already been sayed. Level 5: I only lost one ship, I left the ball alone to do the work,while I was going for a drink, when I get back he was ready, level 9 was a surprice, first I tought I had to drag the teleporters to every square, Level 10: I played 4 times(can´t get enough of it) Alright, this was nothing new but I tought I´d mengened it anyway :!:
Oh yes, 8) about the 2000000 :?: :? (orso) rings, afterall I thing I´d rather get them with sets like this :) THANKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:12 pm 

Alf, that was just brilliant. Loved the "boss" round & almost wet myself laughing when Rico came out with the rocket launcher! :D Let's hope that IS the end to all the "boss" levels!! :roll:
I'm still WAY behind with playing the levels, but needed a laugh so played yours out of turn ... as usual, a masterpiece! Thanks for the 2nd laugh of the day!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:04 pm 

How ingenious! Just when you think you may have seen it all, here comes Alf pulling another one out of his pocket!! :D :D You really are creative, a real talent to be envied. This set was an absolute joy to play...every single level. And I too loved your boss. Thanks for the fun!! :D :D